5.24.2008

Welcome to the world, Baby Holmes!

So, at this very moment I'm sitting in the waiting room of the maternity ward at UAB.  I'm getting a nephew any minute!  It's surprisingly boring to be such an exciting thing, but once the waiting's over the fun will begin!  As of Monday morning, Guthrie Franklin Holmes weighed 10 lbs. 2 oz....and was still in utero.  Yikes.  Fortunately for the mother (my sister-in-law Heather), the doctor scheduled a cesarean.  I couldn't imagine having to deliver such a big baby!  The other big news of the day is that it's Chris and Heather's 1st anniversary.  I can't think of a better anniversary gift than a new baby!  They had they're "last supper" last night and got up first thing this morning to head to the hospital.  Heather is pretty miserable.  Well, maybe not so much anymore, she's got drugs!  She's recently been quoted as saying "I just want my vagina back!"  I'm beginning to think someone else's pregnancy and delivery are REALLY good methods of birth control!  For those who may be curious (and because it's unusual)  "Guthrie" is from the folk singer Woody Guthrie...think "This Land Is Your Land"...Chris and Heather are fans of his.  Franklin is a family name on our dad's side...his middle name is Franklin, our grandfather was Frank.  Definitely unique, but if you know Chris and Heather, it's fitting.  Anyway, this is a sort of stream-of-consciousness post I suppose, but there's very little to do in this waiting...but wait.  So, here we sit, waiting.  He'll be worth it.  Any interested parties may find Chris and Heather's take on this whole event on their blog "Sitting on the Egg."  Here's the link: 


It's full of ultrasounds, Chris's rather amusing take on fatherhood, Heather's belly, etc.  Probably not as much fun for all of you as it is for me, but it's entertaining!

No comments: